Saturday, January 11, 2014

I LOVE D.C

Holy Holy Holy, do I love Washington D.C.  I've now been here three times and every time it just gets better and better. The PEOPLE of this city have some true heart and they shared with us last night at the Hamilton.

Upon arrival to the venue, we were met by Jason and Danny from the Hamilton and they helped us load our gear onto the stage. When we got to the stage there was a grand piano on it, and Danny leans over and says Dr. John was the last person to play that very piano! He then asked me to sign inside of it  and when we opened it ; Billy Joel, Jon Cleary, Allen Toussaint, and  Randy Weston were in there, to name a few. I do believe a Hey Now and Holy Buckets is in order. 
Once we hit the stage, the exchange of energy ensued. It was beautiful, and I definitely found myself playing that grand piano trying to sponge up some of the greats that have tickled those ivories.
Thank you Thank you Thank you D.C for so much love, I've said it once and I'll say it again, it truly is strength for the journey. Peace to you all and many many thanks. 
HEY NOW!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to play the piano, Nicholas! One with The Greats, sounds right:) So happy for you and the band, such a ride, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show was great and I turned my kids on to real music. I'm from Iowa and now you are where I should be.... Thanks for sharing your talent and passion!

    ReplyDelete